Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Simplification

Ok, so maybe it's relative simplification, involving technology, which I don't really count as "true" simplification (doesn't bring me the same feeling of simplicity that I get sans technology), BUT...

I've finally figured out TWO, count them, TWO ways to simplify (and shorten) my time online.

First of all, you may notice to the right: The Slideshow feature. Just found the button on Blogger to combine our Flickr Photos with our Blogger account! Essentially a merging of Yahoo and Google. Pretty impressive, huh!?! And if you click on it, it takes you RIGHT there to the Flickr site, so you can see them bigger, and looking their best in the Flickr Slideshow. SO exciting. I still want to post highlight pictures here, especially those that will help me tell our story and share some inspirations, but I felt like I was spending SO much time duplicating processes online, between Facebook, the Blog and Flickr...not to MENTION printing pics on Snapfish...which brings me to number TWO!

Flickr prints pics, too, and for not that much more than other places. I thought Snapfish was WAY cheaper, but they tack on this handling fee at the end which makes them cost about the same if not more than other places. Costco is still the cheapest, but with a baby, it's getting harder and harder to go pick them up--it's SO nice to have the arrive at my doorstep. As it is, I'm still working on labeling album number 2, with photos already put into album #3! Anyway, I'm excited to cut out some time online to have more time to spend with Kaya and reading and enjoying the simple things offline...like trees and rocks. Picture soon to follow...as I work on simplifying that process, too (downloading to Geoff's computer, then to the external hard drive, then to mine...one day here we'll have a house server...). Talk about simple. Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. Been there! I actually have several home servers, one of which I am building up right now with 3TB's of RAID 5 disk space... for the best protection of our digital memories.

    :-)

    If you need any pointers... let me know.
    Bill

    ReplyDelete